This Second International EACWP Conference on the pedagogy of creative writing is devoted to the sharing of teaching practices, approaches and points of view about our various ways to teach writing. The conference languages are English and Finnish.
The aims and contents of the conference are:
– to join European universities, schools, teachers and institutions that work teaching creative writing and to discuss about it from a pedagogical point of view
– to deepen and refine the map of our different ways to teach writing
– to share methodologies and pedagogical approaches
– the individual and social impacts of teaching creative writing
– the multilingual and intercultural aspects in pedagogy of creative writing
– the therapeutic potential of creative writing
The conference will provide a forum for sessions with speeches (lectures and short presentations) and round-table discussions about the possibilities and approaches related to the pedagogy and the spreading of creative writing. The conference also features international experts as keynote speakers, and workshops.
The conference is intended for teachers, experts, researchers, and students in the fields of writing. Interdisciplinary approaches are especially welcome. The hosts welcome both scientific and popular papers. The presence of professionals from outside of Europe will be welcome, too.
The events during the conference will create important opportunities of networking for all those interested in conceptual and methodological approaches in the pedagogy of writing and the therapeutic dimension of writing.
The participants, who are willing to give a speech at the conference, should send their abstract (max. 1500 characters) to the hosts by email, no later than the 15th of September, 2014. The address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Indicative Calendar / Important Dates 2014
- 15th September deadline for abstract submission
- 1st – 29th September evaluation of the proposals
- 29th September notification of acceptance / rejection of the proposals received
- 15thSeptember – 15th October registration, attention to participants
The Structure of the Conference, from the 21st to the 25th of October, 2014
- The first two days, 21 – 22 October, at the University of Jyväskylä will feature keynote lectures, sessions, workshops and round-table discussions.
- The third day, 23rd of October, will feature an excursion to Pirkanmaa Region and an evening programme at the Orivesi College of Arts / Oriveden Opisto.
- The last days, 24th and 25th of October, will consist of workshops and lectures by invited guest speakers at the Orivesi College of Arts / Oriveden Opisto.
For those who attend the whole conference, we recommend arrivals no later than Monday (20th of October), and departures not before Sunday (26th of October). However, it is also possible to participate in just one or two of the above mentioned functions.
The conference has four keynote speakers who will perform their presentations during the days in Jyväskylä. Already confirmed keynotes are Philip Gross from UK, Juhani Ihanus from Finland and Jūratė Sučylaitė from Lithuania. The fourth keynote speaker represents the European Association of Creative Writing Programmes and will be announced later. More information about the keynotes and their presentations is available at the conference website.
4. Registration Fees and Credits
The participation fee including the programme organized in Jyväskylä is 100€ for EACWP and NAVE members and 125€ for non-members. This also includes catering during the scheduled breaks and related events on 20th, 21st and 22nd October. The participation fee for Thursdays excursion is 52€ including bus transportation and guided visits during the day. The on-line registration form for the days in Jyväskylä and for the excursion will be available on 15th September on the conference website: https://www.jyu.fi/en/congress/writing.
Separate registration and payment is required for the workshops and accommodation in Orivesi. Further information about the registration fees and accommodation in Orivesi is available on the website: http://urly.fi/ekF For more information about the programme in Orivesi visit also the Orivesi College of Arts webpage: http://www.orivedenopisto.fi/english/international-courses-and-guest-teachers.
To publicize the achievements of the Conference and encourage continuity of these exchanges, and to involve all participants in the presentations to which they had no opportunity to attend, the organizers reserve the right to collect and edit all submissions to be published on the freely accessible websites of the organizers.
6. More Information
For more detailed information, visit:https://www.jyu.fi/en/congress/writing
Abstracts & More Information:
Nea Kukkonen, Conference Secretary:
Questions Concerning Especially the Conference Days in Orivesi: